today I had the chance to sit under the clock tower in RI and breathe in the air in peace. and am I thankful. it's a I don't know, nostalgic, feeling hearing the bell ring, and then seeing boys in white streaming out of the academic blocks and towards the canteen or for the more adventurous, the astroturf. what are memories worth? I don't remember much of my time there, while I do recall some fearful moments when approaching teachers when we were new. afterwards, teachers were more like friends. presently, seeing the school undergo the massive amount of changes structurally, I can't help but ask if the change is merely physical. maybe it's because we're not longer students there, but something feels lacking. the school these days seem to be run like a business. one reason why I admire RI so much is the fact that students from all "societal levels" are welcomed and groomed. let's hope some things never change. education is, I believe, the greatest leveller.
tennis at rjc for a little while tomorrow morning, before pre-departure briefing for uni of melb. ohh, was chatting with my army mate who's now studying medicine in nus, and realised that medicine does have a "honours" thing, like MBBS(Hons) which is simply getting onto the dean's list every year. simply. something to think about. simply, I say again.
tennis at rjc for a little while tomorrow morning, before pre-departure briefing for uni of melb. ohh, was chatting with my army mate who's now studying medicine in nus, and realised that medicine does have a "honours" thing, like MBBS(Hons) which is simply getting onto the dean's list every year. simply. something to think about. simply, I say again.
Saturday, January 27, 2007